Thursday, June 26, 2008

Trading Spaces








Having received a "new" king size bed from Grampie, Hubby and I then had the challenge of finding the time to install it in our ver overcrowded and overused bedroom. It was the project of an entire day, once we took the very small standard bed apart, cleaned, weeded out old clothes from our dressers, and swapped their locations, vacuumed, set up the new bed, and reaaranged my work corner.

The kids were suprisingly helpful and patient with the whole endeavor which took alot longer than they had anticipated.

By moving my dresser to the window side of the bed, and then placing it parallel to the bed and perpendicular to the wall and my sewing desk on the other side, it created a tiny little niche for me to call my own creative space. Princess calls it Mommy's Workshop. That title seems a bit exaggerated for the space! Now if only I could get my ancient Singer up and running yet again...

In other good news, I finished sweet baby Hazelnut, a tiny brown mouse in a pink bath towel. She's adorable! I hope she sells quickly- I need a boost in confidence. She's baby safe- and so small, perfect for tiny hands. Baby Sister loves to hold her.




















3 comments:

Dressed Up Digger said...

"By moving my dresser to the window side of the bed, and then placing it parallel to the bed and perpendicular to the wall and my sewing desk on the other side"

...lol! definitly sounds like a HUGE task! I like a good re-arrange, but it would be so much nicer if i could just close my eyes, think about where i want everything to be, open my eyes and PING..its done, magic!! lol!

GL with hazlenut too!

s.x

Christie said...

How fun! It must feel GREAT to have a bed large enough to hold the family! (= (= And it definitely is cool to have a work station, even if it is small. Someday when your little home business is a booming cash cow, maybe you can build a large, spacious workshop into your dream house. (=

'Chelle said...

I can't just roll across the bed now to reach the lamp on the other side - it feels like crawling across the desert!