Saturday, June 21, 2008

Cat and Mouse Game

Today a new BabyLicious Mousling is coming into being. She is called Hazel Nut and ironically she started out as a cat called Ginger. Before that she was a lovely brown sweater from Eddie Bauer belonging to my sister.
Luckily for Hazel Nut, my sister's sweater shrunk somewhere along the way.
As I see it right now, Hazel Nut will be baby safe, with stitched on arms and legs, as opposed to posable ones, and with no buttons. She will stay nakey, with only a baby hoodie towel - fresh from the bath.
I had hoped to finish her body at least this afternoon while all 3 children slept (simultaneously, a small miracle!), but Baby Sister woke up fussing, and before long Princess and Super Hero emerged from their room as well. Now I am holding them off with Play-Doh, although the reports I am receiving from the kitchen say Baby Sister is standing up in her chair.
Thus ends my creating for today.
My moment as creator and artisan is over. My role as Mommy is more important right now.

No comments: