Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Embarking






I have dabbled at the edge of the sea for many years, playing mostly.

I have swung my arms from the edge of the raft, to enjoy the feel of the water flowing past, to move in lazy circles.

I have rowed slowly in and out of the bay, sometimes in service to my own whims, sometimes for hire.

But it is only now, as I embark on the journey of my own small business, that the waves seem suddenly larger than they did from shore, and my craft feels suddenly small and weak. It's not too late to turn back to shore, where the warm sand calls out even now.

But in spite of the very real and imminent dangers, the lure of the open sea is stronger.

I am embarking.

3 comments:

Christie said...

I'm excited to see where this leads. I'm confident you have all the talent you need to succeed; God has given you a lion's share. (= And this summer you have the time and motivation to really make it fly. Woohoo!!

pinkrosesglass said...

Good Luck to you! I am really enjoying your blog.

LostRiverRags said...

Great blog!